7 Ways to use less plastic on a trip
Someone said the lock-down was God’s way of giving the earth some time to cool off from all the hazards we as human beings cause knowingly or unknowingly, and I agree.
An article I read on country living said “our planet is ‘healing’ thanks to a global lock-down,” but I am worried about what will happen once the lock-down gets lifted and life is back to normal, do we continue to destroy our home?
I would rather not, so let’s talk about one of the numerous ways we pollute our environment without knowing.
Excess use of plastic; this includes plastic bags, plastic bottles, plastic straws, and more. If you didn’t know, they cause so harm to the earth.
How do we stop this? One way to do it is to reduce the use of plastic, and here are some ways to do it:
1. Use a reusable produce bag. A single plastic bag can take 1,000 years to degrade. Purchase or make your reusable produce bag, and be sure to wash them often!
2. Give up gum. Gum is a synthetic rubber!!!
3. Buy boxes (cardboard) instead of bottles. Its easier to recycle cardboard paper.
4. Purchase food, like cereal, pasta, and rice from bulk bins and fill a reusable bag or container. You save money and unnecessary packaging. Reuse containers for storing leftovers or shopping in bulk.
5. Use a reusable bottle or mug for your beverages, even when ordering from a to-go shop.
6. Bring your container for take-out.
7. Use matches instead of disposable plastic lighters or invests in a refillable metal lighter.
Those are a few ways I reduce my use of plastic; I hope you find these tips useful.
Together we can make the environment better.